Stephen Metcalfe MP welcomes a new initiative launching in September which will offer grants of between £10,000 and £20,000 to organisations working to help adults who are unemployed or inactive in the community into employment, learning or training.
Launching September 1st, CXK will offer grants of between £10,000 and £20,000. Organisations working to help people progress into employment or learning and training are encouraged to look at the funding criteria and consider a grant application.
The grants are available to third sector organisations of any size and small organisations from other sectors, to help those furthest from the job market improve their skills and/or get into work or training.
The target priority groups are people over 50, women, disabled and people from ethnic minorities.
CXK is a charity that delivers a range of services to empower young people and adults across the south-east to build the skills and confidence they need to move into education, employment or training.
The grants can be applied for between 1st and 30th September 2019. Anyone wishing to receive details of the grants, including how to access them, should email : email@example.com or alternatively visit their website: www.cxk.org/community-grants
Community grants are intended to enable locally targeted support consistent with the challenges set out in the South East LEP Skills Strategy which are to:
- Develop the capacity of the community and to meet local needs.
- Undertake activities that promote social inclusion.
- Build employment and enterprise skills through the voluntary and community sector.
- Provide intensive support to help up-skill individuals and move towards and enter work.
- To engage those individuals who are the hardest to reach through innovative approaches.